This pumpkin tiramisu is a light and airy twist on the Italian classic. It's no-bake and best when made ahead, which makes it perfect for a holiday dessert!
It’s my favorite time of year — Pumpkin Week! I teamed up with a group of food bloggers to share all kinds of pumpkin recipes, including drinks, savory recipes, sweet recipes — even dog treats!
My final Pumpkin Week recipe is my most favorite: pumpkin tiramisu. I love all kinds of tiramisu: original, lemon-flavored, etc. If there is tiramisu on a restaurant dessert menu, you can be sure I'll order it.
Unlike original tiramisu, however, this one doesn't contain raw egg, so it's safe for the immuno-compromised and pregnant women to eat. There's no need for an egg, because pumpkin acts like an egg in that it binds ingredients together and moistens the finished dish. Kids probably shouldn't eat this, because of the liqueur in the coffee mixture that the ladyfingers soak in. You can substitute hazelnut coffee syrup, but reduce the ⅔ cup of sugar to ⅓ cup.
Speaking of that liqueur, typically, tiramisu is flavored with marsala wine. In this recipe, it's swapped for hazelnut liqueur, which complements the pumpkin flavor better. And let me tell you, that soaking liquid smells SO GOOD while it's simmering.
While original tiramisu is finished with a light sifting of cocoa powder or chocolate, this pumpkin tiramisu is coated in a light layer of cinnamon sugar. You could still go with the chocolate, if you prefer, but I prefer the cinnamon sugar.
This is a simply delicious recipe. The pumpkin cream is light and airy. My husband, who isn't a particular fan of pumpkin OR tiramisu, went back for seconds. Because it's no-bake, and best when made ahead, it's an ideal dessert for a large holiday meal, like Thanksgiving.
[mv_create key="351" title="Pumpkin Tiramisu" thumbnail="https://www.theredheadbaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/pumpkin-tiramisu-feature.jpg" type="recipe"]
Here are today's #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Pumpkin Drink Recipes:
- "Grown Up" Potter Pumpkin Juice from The Crumby Kitchen
- Hot'N'Spicy Pumpkin Margarita from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin and Fish Stew from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Chili from Making Miracles
- Pumpkin Crab Soup from Hardly A Goddess
- Pumpkin Pasta from Caroline's Cooking
- Thai Pumpkin Curry from Palatable Pastime
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
- Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Bread from The Freshman Cook
- Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream from Forking Up
- Fall Harvest Pumpkin Sourdough Muffins from Cooking With Carlee
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pumpkin Cream Horns from Mildly Meandering
- Pumpkin Milkshake from Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup from The Chef Next Door
- Pumpkin Spice Thumbprint Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spiced Banana Bread from Daily Dish Recipes
- Pumpkin Tiramisu from The Redhead Baker (recipe above)
Other Pumpkin Recipe:
- Pumpkin Dog Biscuits from Feeding Big