Pumpkin biscotti is a little more tender than traditional Italian biscotti. Pair with a warm cup of coffee for brunch or a light snack.
It’s my favorite time of year — Pumpkin Week! I teamed up with a group of food bloggers to share all kinds of pumpkin recipes, including drinks, savory recipes, sweet recipes — even dog treats!
Today's post is one of my favorite cookies: white chocolate pumpkin biscotti. These are a bit more tender than traditional Italian biscotti, as well as slightly more moist. Unlike most American cookies, however, they are not overly sweet.
Biscotti means "baked twice," so these do take a bit more time than regular drop cookies. Be sure to bake these all the way through on the first bake (and the best way to ensure they do is to use an oven thermometer to guarantee your temperature is correct). If you slice the logs with still-raw dough in the middle, your slices will collapse.
Even with a fully-baked log, you'll still need to take care when slicing the logs and transferring the slices. I used a spatula to transfer three slices at a time back to the baking sheet. The pumpkin makes these extra-tender when warm, and they are prone to breaking if not fully supported.
As I said, they are slightly more moist than traditional Italian biscotti. They are still delicious when dunked in coffee, but they don't NEED to be dunked the way Italian biscotti does.
These would also make a delicious hostess gift. Stored in airtight container in a cool, dry place, they will last for up to 4 weeks, but I guarantee these cookies will be eaten far more quickly than that!
[mv_create key="349" title="White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti" thumbnail="https://www.theredheadbaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/white-chocolate-pumpkin-biscotti-feature.jpg" type="recipe"]
Here are today's #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Pumpkin Drink Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup from The Nifty Foodie
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
- Blackened Steak Tacos with Roasted Pumpkin, Sweet Corn and Red Bean Salsa from Bacon Fatte
- Chicken and Pumpkin Curry from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pumpkin Beer Bread Pudding from Forking Up
- Pumpkin Habanero Salsa from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Pumpkin-Poblano Salsa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pumpkin Risotto with Garlic and Sage from Making Miracles
- Pumpkin Sausage Mac and Cheese from Daily Dish Recipes
- Pumpkin Sausage Skillet Dinner from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Walnut Sage Pierogi from The Crumby Kitchen
- Savory Pumpkin Sage Biscuits from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
- Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins from Feeding Big
- Maple Pumpkin Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Chess Pie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins with a Pecan Oat Crumble from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Cream Puffs from Mildly Meandering
- Pumpkin Dump Cake from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Pumpkin-Nut Crumble Cake from Hardly A Goddess
- Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip from An Affair from the Heart
- Stuffed Pumpkin Cupcakes from The Freshman Cook
- Whipped Pumpkin Pie Honey Butter from Love and Confections.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti from The Redhead Baker (recipe above)